Are you passionate about cookery? Do you have a flair for creating fresh, high quality dishes from scratch? Are you interested in joining our hardworking, restaurant team who strive to deliver a 5-star visitor experience to our customers? If so we would like to hear from you.
You will be
- preparing, cooking and presenting items from our main menu
- ensuring the quality of dishes are of a high standard on all occasions
- maintaining good stock control and storage of food, equipment and cleaning items
- adhering to food safety procedures at all times
- ensuring the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen
Hours and days are flexible - part or full time will be considered. Our restaurant is only open through the day so night working is not a requirement of the role however, if you would prefer to work in the evenings, there is the option to work these hours part time.
You will have
- have excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- have knowledge of food allergies and impacts
- have a passion for sourcing and utilising local fresh ingredients and making dishes from scratch
- experience of working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen where food is made to order
- attention to detail in the presentation of food and commitment to quality
- enthusiasm for discovering new food trends and contributing ideas to the daily ‘specials’ items and menu changes
Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand with 225 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family–owned company has carefully sourced cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality expertise in our own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 1000 staff our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high–quality designs which are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to remain and take up paid work in the UK.