This is a stimulating opportunity to lead our established kitchen team of 8 staff to deliver a 5-star visitor experience for our customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- developing, recommending and creating menus, recipes, methods and presentations to maintain the high levels of customer expectations and the standards within the restaurant
- managing food safety and hygiene procedures, maintaining HACCP and associated record keeping
- supervising the kitchen team to ensure the quality of food meets the required standards.
- actively motivating the team by creating a stimulating, positive and energetic working atmosphere
- maintaining communication within the kitchen and the wider restaurant team
- solving problems as they occur, staying calm and focused in such situations
- continuous analysis of cost and quality of food, production and adhering to time management
- planning, preparing and delivering catering for events
- adhering to food budgets by keeping on top of stock levels, order and rotation of stock
This is a permanent role, working 39 hours a week, 5 days from 7.
- have broad kitchen experience, working in a similar role in a busy, fast-paced environment
- be able to demonstrate leadership ability, preferably with previous experience coaching a team
- have a passion for sourcing and utilizing local fresh ingredients and making dishes
- have knowledge of food allergies and impacts
- hold strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- be detail orientated, ensuring presentation is always of high quality
- have enthusiasm for discovering new food trends and contributing ideas to daily specials and menu changes
- be able to add value to dishes and the dining experience
Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand with 225 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family–owned company has carefully sourced cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality expertise in our own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 1000 staff our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high–quality designs which are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to remain and take up paid work in the UK.
Closing date – Friday 19th August 2022