About the Role
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, the HR Advisor will be responsible for providing Employee Relations and Recruitment support across our businesses in Hawick, Innerleithen, Walkerburn and retail hubs in Gretna & Edinburgh to ensure effective resourcing to meet business demands. The role will be based in Hawick and will provide support to 300 employees. Key duties include:
- Providing support and guidance to managers on employee relations cases and all aspects of HR, working closely to build solutions to drive improvements on all areas of performance management
- Working with managers to establish recruitment needs and liaise with the Recruitment Advisor to advertise vacancies
- Supporting managers in the selection process, from conducting interviews to concluding the offer process, ensuring company processes and policies are adhered to throughout
- Supporting managers and employees to complete effective performance development reviews
- Ensuring all new employees are onboarded effectively and probationary reviews are completed prior to the end of the probationary period
- Monitoring absences and liaise with managers to ensure appropriate interventions and support are delivered in a timely manner
- Acting as co-ordinator for all schools interaction initiatives to promote career opportunities at Johnstons of Elgin
- Liaising with HR Team to ensure co-ordination of broader HR services in Recruitment, Compliance, Resourcing, Learning & Development and HR Admin
- Carrying out projects as required to improve HR service
This is a permanent position. Hours can be flexible for the right candidate – from 30 to 39 hours a week.
You will -
- Be a strong collaborator at all levels and be able to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Have experience in Recruitment and Selection and Employee Relations, in a wide range of cases and projects
- Be able to walk into unknown situations and apply logic and a strong work ethic to gain clarity and develop and implement the best solution
- Have experience working in a dynamic environment and possess strong organisation skills
- Be knowledgeable on employment law
- Hold CIPD qualifications or equivalent experience in the workplace
- Adapt your style to communicate clearly and concisely
- Be confident using IT systems, including Microsoft office
Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand with over 220 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family–owned company has carefully sourced cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality craft expertise in our own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 1000 staff, our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high–quality designs that are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to remain and take up paid work in the UK.
Closing date – Friday 8th July