About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our HR Department as a HR Advisor based in Elgin. Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive HR support to managers and employees across our sites. Along with employee relations, your role will have a focus on compliance and policies.
Key duties include:
- Providing expert advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of HR policy and procedure, including recruitment and selection, performance management, absence management, and employee relations.
- Supporting the People Director in developing, implementing, and reviewing company policies and procedures ensuring they are kept up to date with changes to employment law.
- Ensuring the effective and timely case management of all employee relations issues for designated business area.
- Collecting and compiling data for monthly HR metrics reports, internal and external audits, etc.
- Supporting the Recruitment Advisor and Hiring Managers in the recruitment and selection process, including conducting interviews and ensuring company processes are adhered to throughout.
- Monitoring absence levels and liaising with managers to ensure appropriate interventions and support are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the new starter onboarding process, conducting company inductions on first day of employment.
- Liaising with HR Team to ensure co-ordination of broader HR services in Recruitment, Resourcing, Learning & Development, and HR Admin.
- Carrying out projects as required to improve HR service.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm and 8am – 1pm on a Friday, equating to 39 hours a week. Flexibility regarding hours of work may be considered for the right candidate.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in a HR Department operating at a HR Advisor level, or be a HR Administrator/Coordinator ready to take the next step in their career.
- A CIPD qualification, or willingness to work towards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK employment law legislation and HR best practice.
- Degree in HR Management or another relevant subject, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing HR policies and procedures.
- The ability to collaborate at all levels and build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and not be afraid to try new things to take on new challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with an ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- The initiative to walk into unknown situations and apply logic to develop/implement the best solution.
- The ability to produce high quality, accurate work to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Confidence working with IT systems, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and HR systems.
What’s on offer?
- Salary £23,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Salary exchange pension scheme with 5% employer contribution.
- Johnstons of Elgin exclusive Benefits Hive portal with access to cycle2work scheme and retail discounts.
- 244 hours annual holiday entitlement, equivalent to 6 ¼ weeks (including bank holidays).
- Hybrid working up to 2 days per week, depending on workload.
- Life assurance equivalent to 3x annual salary.
- 24/7 access to our WeCare Employee Assistance Programme.
- Local gym membership discounts.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement or qualification. At Johnstons of Elgin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but think your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Founded in 1797, Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand celebrating 225 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family-owned company has carefully sources cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality craft expertise in our very own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 1,000 staff, our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high-quality designs that are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable, and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
Johnstons of Elgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer wholeheartedly supporting the principles of equality and diversity to build an inclusive workforce. Our aim is to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do to create an environment where our employees feel safe to be their whole authentic self without having to downplay or change parts of their identity. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, which goes beyond those characteristics protected by law to include everything that makes us unique, from our backgrounds and experiences to our personalities and ways of thinking. We endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and encourage any candidate who requires assistance to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to remain and take up paid employment in the UK.
Closing date – Friday 7th April 2023