About the Role
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Occupational Health Practitioner to join Johnstons of Elgin. A first for the company, you will be the sole Occupational Health Practitioner, based in Elgin but also providing support to our other sites.
Your main responsibilities will include –
- conducting occupational health assessments, including audiometry, and spirometry tests, and wellbeing assessments, including blood tests, and making recommendations based on the results
- carrying out annual flu immunisations
- conducting long term sick and return to work assessments for absent employees and supporting their return to the workplace, undertaking referrals where needed
- maintaining accurate and confidential records and producing high-quality reports based on these
- providing specialist advice on mental and physical health problems and promoting health to employees
This is a part time role and flexible hours will be considered.
Travel to our other sites will be required from time to time.
You will be –
- a qualified and experienced Occupational Health Practitioner, registered with the NMC
- able to demonstrate knowledge of current health and safety and employment law in relation to occupational health
- self motivated; able to organise your own workload and work from your own iniative
- a people person, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- analytical in dealing with complex situations, able to balance the best interests of the individual and the company
- proficient in IT, including the use of Microsoft packages
Founded in 1797, Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand celebrating 225 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family-owned company has carefully sources cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality craft expertise in our very own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 1,000 staff, our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high-quality designs that are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable, and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.
Johnstons of Elgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer wholeheartedly supporting the principles of equality and diversity to build an inclusive workforce. Our aim is to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do to create an environment where our employees feel safe to be their whole authentic self without having to downplay or change parts of their identity. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, which goes beyond those characteristics protected by law to include everything that makes us unique, from our backgrounds and experiences to our personalities and ways of thinking.
We endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and encourage any candidate who requires assistance to contact us at email@example.com.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement or qualification. At Johnstons of Elgin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but think your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please note all applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to remain and take up paid employment in country job is based.
Closing date Friday 9th December 2022