We have an exciting opportunity for a Tabbing Operative to join our Warehouse team in Hawick. No previous experience is required as full training will be provided on the job.
About the Role
- Machine sewing tabs on to finished garments
- Processing orders accurately within given timescales
- Inspecting, tagging, folding, bagging of accessories and home products ensuring the highest level of quality
- Barcoding of products and ensuring product codes correctly match paperwork
- Achieving required output levels to meet our production plan
Hours: Monday to Thursday 0700-1600 and Friday 0900-1400 (39 hours per week)
- Attentive to details
- Good level of dexterity
- Tabbing experience beneficial, but full training can be provided
- Have the ability to follow written instructions
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Have good colour vision
Johnstons of Elgin is the only mill in the UK to take raw fibre and transform it each step of the way into an impressive range of exceptional cashmere, wool and natural fibre products. As well as our own collections we are the manufacturer for some of the world’s best-known designers.
As a workforce of over 1000, we take pride in making the most beautiful products at our mills in Elgin and Hawick. We support each other as a family and work as a closely connected team to the benefit of our communities in Scotland, London and internationally. With over 25% of our workforce in Leadership Development Programmes and over 10% in our Modern Apprenticeship programme we are committed to the long term in developing our people with skills while embracing technology and new processes simultaneously.
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All applicants must have the right to remain and take up paid employment in the UK.